Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pete Rock Remixes

I pulled out an old CD I had of Pete Rock & Marley Marl called Future Flavas today. I wanted to find the track names to list on my iPod, and through some casual online searching I wound up on Pete's Wikipedia page. I stayed on there for a little while checking out his discography. It's pretty extensive.

I have most of his album work, but I forgot just how much work he's done remixing songs for other artists. The "Pete Rock remix" is definitely what I would call a staple of Hip Hop. Below is a somewhat recent Pete Rock remix followed by a somewhat older classic one.

Also see the Wikipedia link to check out. I recommend it. Among everything else listed are several collaboration albums in the works where Pete will handle all production duties: An untitled Smif 'N' Wessun project which I knew about already, A DPG project which I didn't, and one with Planet Asia cleverly titled Planet Rock which I'm now aware of and definitely looking forward to.

One Be Lo - "Decepticons (Pete Rock Remix)"


Public Enemy - "Shut 'Em Down (Pete Rock Remix)"


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Rock_discography

No comments:

Post a Comment