Saturday, August 6, 2011

Outkast - Jazzy Belle

There's really no reason for this post. I was just singing it too myself this morning. The remix w/ Babyface too. A lot of people don't seem to know that one. Outkast is unarguably one of the greatest Hip Hop duos ever. Even if they're not your personal favorite, I think you'd have to give it to them as the greatest just for the influence, consistency, and originality they've displayed. They've had an amazing career full of great music and, like I say about De La, Zero Bad Albums.

I remember back when Cincinnati's local Hip Hop/R&B radio station gave equal time to good music and they used to play it. I had it taped off the radio for a while (the remix). Right after it went off on my radio tape, I remember Aaliyah's "One In A Million" came on. I wonder if I still have that tape somewhere.

Anyway, great song. Both versions. But, does anyone else think Babyface's singing during the verses are reminiscent of Chris Isaak's big song? The one with the black and white video with the model on the beach? Just me, huh?? ok


No comments:

Post a Comment