Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Waiting On 2010

The new year is off to a somewhat slow start as far as hip hop goes. Though somehow I still have a pretty full folder of music to listen to. Most of it is made up of unknowns taking advantage of the quiet month where they can be heard, and mixtapes and collections of previously released music pout together by a DJ.

While I am waiting for 2010 to really get under way with releases from artists I already care about, I'm doing a few things to pass the time. First, I'm taking the opportunity to catch up on some music from '09 I didn't get a chance to give a full listen. Next, I am pulling out some of my old favorites, and albums from the last few years that I haven't listened to as much as I wanted to. There are only so many hours in a day, and unfortunately I have other things to do.

After seeing a list of the top 10 albums of the last decade (all genres) and finding Stankonia on the list I decided to pull that one back out and give it a couple of listens. Not that I really respect this particular list at all, but Outkast has long been one of my favorite groups for a lot of reasons, and it was cool to listen to this album again - it's probably been five years. Now, I'm going to go back through their whole collection. That should keep me busy for a few days, and will maybe get me to start anticipating Big Boi's supposed solo release this year. Next up - the Tribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment