Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Green Ghost



So, who's heard the new Styles P./Green Lantern mixtape, The Green Ghost Project? Thoughts?

I just finished listening to it for the second time. Overall, I like it. SP has always been my favorite of The LOX. So, even though their sound gets kinda old after a while, I can usually check out some of his new stuff. Jadakiss seemed to have the breakout star power in the beginning, to some extent. But, several lukewarm albums kind of deaded that, in my opinion. Styles always had solid bars. This new mixtape is good. But, it doesn't compare to my favorite collection of his material, The Best Of Styles P hosted by the incredibly loud and annoying DJ Kay Slay. Even he couldn't bring down this collection of great material.

The Green Ghost Project offers more of the same, but if you like SP, you'll like this one too. Though he makes a few attempts to depart from the hardcore and make some softer R&B tracks, and it doesn't really work out. Also, I'm always surprised when multiple wack rappers appear on an album, let alone one song. This is what happened on "Pablo Doe" with both Noreaga and Uncle Murda, two guys that are painfully bad at what they do for a living. I'm shocked I was able to make it through the whole song. They might as well put Tony Yayo on there to round it out.

Anyway, that's what I listened to today. Check it out if you haven't yet. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment