Friday, November 19, 2010

Jay-Z And Kanye Album

I'm sitting here in my cubicle this morning listening to "The Joy" the track that was released on one of the G.O.O.D. Friday releases, but if the advance I heard is correct, isn't making the final album. Pete Rock made the beat using a Curtis Mayfield sample prominently, and Jay-Z makes an appearance. I like the song a lot though after hearing what I think is the final album I see that it doesn't really fit with the rest of the songs. After the release of a few songs featuring Jay to the internets an announcement came out that the two were going to release an album, or at least an EP together. I'm excited, but I'm just hoping it's an offering of brand new material. If it's just gonna be a collection of the material Kanye already leaked it will be a huge disappointment. The way things are these days with artists putting out tracks as they complete them, by the time the album comes out all the material is old. If I've already been listening to more than half the songs for months it's kind of hard to justify getting the album. I really hope the two of them take the time to craft something monumental insteading of giving fans another Best of Both Worlds.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment