Friday, March 26, 2010

ArtOfficial - "Grand Design"

Has anyone heard of ArtOfficial? If not, they are a Hip Hop band from Miami with a lot of musical range from what I've heard. I think they're dropping a (free?) album in April, including some interesting reworks of well-known songs from other genres. Here is a reworking they did of a classic Radiohead song called "Talk Show Host". The addition of the horns alone makes the track worthwhile for me. If you're not familiar with Radiohead (seems a lot of Hip Hop heads like them), I've included a clip of them performing the song below as well.





And, speaking of the band name, what happened to De La Soul's Art Official Intelligence trilogy? They did the first two and then stopped. I wonder if they will ever go back and do the third one.

No comments:

Post a Comment