Thursday, March 18, 2010

News: Nujabes died in fatal car accident

News: Nujabes died in fatal car accident

This is very sad news. I'm not sure why it took so long to travel.

At around the same time I was starting to listen to Substantial, a friend turned me on to Nujabes - who actually produced several of his tracks. She gave me a CD that I played constantly for a few months. I then started to hear more about him, mostly from the hip hop blog I frequent to get my fix of jazzy hip hop, Musical Schizophrenia. As it turns out, Nujabes also produced for Five Deez, a group from my home town of Cincinnati, OH...small world. His sound truly added something to hip hop worth listening to. It's a shame he is gone so soon.

Click the link above for the full story and a sample of Nujabes work if you haven't heard him before.

No comments:

Post a Comment