Friday, March 5, 2010

Gangstarr - Take It Personal

I just got a chance to listen to the half-hour long 'Guru Respect Mix' by DJ Wonder that I posted a few days ago. It's nice to hear for anyone not familiar with Gangstarr, or those who just haven't pulled their music out in a while.

This isn't the case for me. Gangstarr is not only one of my favorite groups of all time, they're actually one that I still listen to all the time despite having a constant selection of new stuff in my posession. I keep Full Clip in my iPod because it covers a lot of the best material (it may actually be the best Greatest Hits collection of any hip hop artist), and rotate the actual albums whenever I'm in the mood to hear more.

I first became aware of Gangstarr by seeing the video for "Take It Personal" from their third album Daily Operation. My brother and I used to record Hip Hop videos and watch them over and over, and this is one video that got a lot of play. Check it out below, or else I'll B.Y.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment