Monday, September 28, 2009

Blueprint's In My White iPod




Actually, my iPod is black...and The Blueprint is not in there currently. Well, The Blueprint 3 is. As is Reasonable Doubt and Kingdom Come. I haven't added the others yet.

I recently got a new iPod in recognition for a major accomplishment of mine. And, while I sit here at my computer desk searching for new opportunities and vibing out to some old Zion I ("Chapter IV"), I'm thinking about what else I wanna put in there. Obviously, new shit I plan to listen to soon is in there. But, I wanna have some classics at my disposal when I have the urge for 'em too. I don't want to spend 20-30 minutes (sometimes more) digging through my CD archives to find these when I'm in the mood. Of course, that is inevitable. I'll do what I can though.

The other day I put in Reasonable Doubt (like I mentioned above), Mecca & The Soul Brother, and Midnight Marauders. I also added an old local gangsta rap favorite of mine, Mad Dog Clique from Dayton, Ohio. I envision some De La, Slick Rick, EPMD, and The Roots to probably follow soon as well.

But, what else? I know of maybe 10 people that say they check out this blog once in a while. So, now it's time to participate. Add your suggestion(s) to the comment section below. I don't have a preference on era, just great hip hop albums. Suggest anything you want. I probably have it, and this way I can make a list of stuff to pull out all at once. Or, maybe you'll suggest something obscure, and I'll have to search for it elsewhere. That'll be fun for me too.

UPDATE: After the suggestion in the first comment, Group Home's Livin Proof was just added. GIMME MORE!

UPDATE: Added some new classics - Diamond D - Stunts, Blunts, & Hip Hop, and Grand Puba - Reel To Reel. If I get time today or tomorrow I'm gonna pull out another favorite of mine from not too long ago: Cormega - The True Meaning

2 comments:

  1. I say BCC classics got to be in there - - Dah Shinin, Nocturnal, Enta da Stage...also that Group Home album, I fiorget the name of it tho. that s just off top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all of these. I actually just posted something on the upcoming Smif-N-Wessun album with Pete Rock.

    I think "Livin' Proof" is the Group Home album you're thinking of.

    ReplyDelete