Sunday, September 20, 2009

R.I.P. Roc Raida



It's time to once again pay respect to yet another legendary contributor to hip hop music. X-Ecutioners member DJ Roc Raida. Roc Raida passed yesterday due to some kind of complications resulting from a mixed martial arts injury a little while ago. I don't know a great deal about Roc Raida. I didn't exactly follow his career or anything. But, if you are interested in DJing at all, you should know the DJ collective known as The X-Ecutioners. When I saw or heard something involving Roc Raida or the X-Ecutioners, I paid attention. When I was in the mood to listen to a DJ wild out on the turntables, this is one of the crews I would turn to. I have some of their work on CD, but the best way to experience their skill is live (I would imagine), or at least on video. I put some links below to display his insane handspeed, coordination, and showmanship. Of course, a short look on the internet should bring up a bunch more. DJs like this just don't come along everyday, and he was truly something special.





No comments:

Post a Comment