Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Cella Dwellas!!!: I Put It Down

What? A new Cella Dwellas song?!? The 90's are back! Ha!

Cella Dwellas weren't a ground-breaking group, really. But, they were a solid duo known for their quality rhymes and New York gutter sound. Their album Realms 'n Reality got a lot of play by me and my older brother when he came across it and ordered it from Columbia House (anyone? anyone?).

Anyway, it's been like 10 years since they've released an album, so let's hope one is coming. This song here is produced by Nick Wiz, the man on the boards for their first album, and more recently known for lending 5 tracks to Rakim's last album, The 7th Seal. After a first listen, the song's not great, but I still want the album. We'll see what they bring to the table.

Any of you that remember these guys, feel free to add a comment, and let me know what you think about them past and present.


No comments:

Post a Comment