Saturday, July 23, 2011

Watch The Throne Documentary


Kanye West & Jay-Z: Watch The Throne Documentary from introspective on Vimeo.

If you haven't seen it yet, the video above is a mini-documentary, featurette type thing for the Watch The Throne album dropping early August. It doesn't look completely finished to me, so I'm betting this is just a preview of a bonus DVD that goes with the album or something. There's some cool footage of the recording process and them hanging out in Sydney, Australia.

As for the music, I'm still expecting big things even after the two lukewarm singles I've heard. "Otis" just leaked last week. I like the sample a lot, and there are a couple good lines from both Jay and Kanye. But, overall I don't feel like I'm as impressed as I should be. Basically, in my opinion, anything less than groundbreaking is a disappointment, and the rhymes aren't on that 'other level' that they need to be on. We'll wait and see. Enjoy the video in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment